We are very delighted to invite you to the 2nd Asian Congress of Robotic Surgery (ACRS) in Nov. 25-26, 2016. Following the successful inauguration held in Hong Kong last year, this meeting will be enlightened with the participation of the experts of robotic surgery. KAROS, The Korean Association of Robotic Surgeons is honored to be the host of this meaningful event.
In the past years, surgeons in Asian region witnessed the development of robotic surgery through collaborations in various specialties including gastrointestinal, endocrine and HPB surgeries. We believe the 2nd congress of ACRS will provide significant opportunities to upgrade our collaborations and partnership into another level.
The congress venue, Gyeongju is a historic city filled with wonderful natural landscape and national treasures. Often referred to as an open-air museum, Gyeongju displays UNESCO World Heritage Sites such as Bulguksa Temple and Seokjuram Grotto and around 1,500 national tresures. Along the East Sea coastline, you can enjoy the five beaches of the city.
We invite you to a wonderful opportunity of knowledge sharing, the latest trends in robotic surgery and mingling with partners all around Asia.
We hope to see you in Gyeongju.
Prof. Woong Youn Chung
President of The Korean Association of Roboc Surgeons
Plenary 1. Special Lecture
- Robotic Surgery Status in Taiwan Yao-Ming Wu (Taiwan)
- Is Medical School too Early to Start Robotic Surgical Training?
Joseph S. Ng (Singapore)
- Robotic Surgery Status in Hong Kong Chung Ngai Tang (Hong Kong)
Plenary 2. The Future of Robotics
- The Future of Robotic Surgery Min Masterson (Intuitive Surgical Korea)
- Stiff - Flop Project ; Eurorean Flexible Robot Initiative Alberto Arezzo(Italy)
- Hand-Held Surgical Robot Amir Szold (Israel)
Plenary 3. Training for Robotic Surgery
- Training and Experience of Robotic Pancreatoduodenectomy Yi-Ming Shyr (Taiwan)
- Will Robots Change Us? Yuman Fong (USA)
- Education of Robotic Surgery Paolo Bianchi (Italy)